Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hidin' from the Heat, Buildin' a Droid

I had hoped to finish up the leg cuts this week, but that involved setting up the router table and drill press out back, and it's just too hot outside for that, so I moved along to some other bits.

First, some test fitting of resin parts on the body. Tweaking will need to happen!



In preparation for painting I did a little filing of resin blobs and such:



I figured since I was planning to work on body parts I'd go ahead and assemble some of the flat bits, like the coin returns. Unfortunately some pieces went missing during the move. Fortunately I was able to reproduce them.



A little filing to make the tabs, and presto!



Finally, I decided to start the "aging" of my battery hoses using a salt and vinegar recipe I found online. This didn't work.



So back to the table I went. I sorted all the flat parts out into baggies. Will glue them tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment