Sunday, July 3, 2011

...And the Lost Months of April, May and June!

I've been away from my droid. Sorry, little guy!

Back in April my droid had his public debut -- at the Anaheim Comic-Con -- thanks to Victor's invitation. It was fun to have a partially-built droid on display -- it really encouraged questions. I got to help Victor while he worked on a power issue, and Gene let me drive his droid. Afterward we all went out and had some fine beers -- it was nice to hang out with all the builders and get to know them!

Here are some pics (again, some are from Victor's awesome blog):



You'd think all of that would've inspired me to get back to building, and you'd be thinking right, my friends. Unfortunately Darth Real Life has been tossing distractions at me all Spring. All I got done in that time was digging out my parts, establishing where I'd left off building, and reorganizing.

Until today, that is...until TODAY.

Yes, I FINALLY got back to building! Well, the lovely laborious process of cutting-cutting-cutting -- Hoooo!



I found that some of the more delicate cuts required a little finesse -- I used my needle-nose pliers to wiggle the cut, with some success. Everything will need some filing I'm afraid!











After all this time the patterns were beginning to come unglued (like me?) and I had to use a bit of tape in places.



My first "I'm done for the day!" picture. Heh.



But I wasn't done; I had droid FEVER! I decided to tackle some of the more difficult cuts, like these tiny right-angles. And this is how I did it:



Again, with varying degrees of success. The good, the bad, and the ugly:



More finished stacks of parts!



Now there's a day's work!



(I started typing up this post on the the 3rd...but here it is the 4th already: Happy Independence Day!)

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic. Look at all those Droids - I love the one with the little girl popping out! Yours will make a fine addition to that line-up when all finished!

    ReplyDelete