Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rockler Pwnage! Did I Just Type That??

Okay, started with finishing. In this case got the awesome drill press fully assembled, in spite of the inscrutable instructions!



Immediately put it to the test on a bit of scrap wood -- woo! Love the lasers!



Okay, one test done? That's enough for me! Set up the ring on the drill press using a level and all kinds of clamps and shims...and drilled! Wow this machine is sweet: quiet, easy, safe! I love it!



Proof that the right tool will solve many problems: success in installing the Rockler bearing! Here it is all affixed to the frame and everything:



Thrilled as I was, I found the fit, while accurate, was still a bit tight. I might enlarge the holes a bit tomorrow, as I expect to be removing the dome frequently in the future. Anyway, I decided to move right along..

Clean-up was needed, as well as organizing the new hardware, so out came the small baggies.



When I had the room, I did some more Dremeling for the radar eye lens, then siliconed it in yet again. I hope this is IT!



I also prepared a new sawed-off screw to glue into it -- this time I'll choose the correct end!! Tomorrow, I'll pop it in (I hope).



And that's it! It seemed as if I did much more...but that's how it always is. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment