Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Getting Parts in the Field

Today I ventured out-of-doors. There was a sinister burning light that filled the air with a yellow hue, and which warmed my skin in an unnatural fashion. For what would I brave such obvious and immediate danger? Only droid parts, my dears, only droid parts (okay, and the occasional groceries).

I'd found a local supplier of plastic (who knew?) -- Gavrieli -- and I drove over and bought the styrene, weld-on (only #4804 was available and I have no idea what that means), and the applicator bottle. Only spent $85! Somehow this seemed thrilling. But -- my supplier only sold the styrene in 4X8' sheets! I convinced them to roll the sheets (they didn't want to) and managed to fit them into the back of my Xterra. Whew! When I got it home I cut each sheet in half so it would somehow fit into the apartment. I think I have more than enough for one droid!



I apologize for the lack of pictures to date, but my camera is malfunctioning. I've been taking pics with my phone, and will eventually get my posts upgraded with images. ETA -- I've updated my posts with my terrible camera-phone pictures...Hey -- check out the geeky license plate!

I've had no luck finding temporary adhesive for my patterns -- but I did find some double-sided tape. Hopefully I can begin cutting soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment