Monday, November 2, 2015

Episode X: Return of the Builder

Well, it's been a while! I took R2-DZ "Dizzy" to that convention in Austin -- the feet were temporary, but everything was operational! I took video with my phone, but that's apparently long gone. I do have one picture though, TA-DA!!!



Unfortunately, as I was leaving, Dizzy basically disintegrated. :(  All the structural problems, too much weight on styrene, and builder error...and Dizzy had to be wheeled out on a stretcher (okay, a hand truck)!

Needless to say I was pretty dejected after all that work. A VEEEEERRRY long building break was had. Then, slowly, I began to plot droid fixes. I decided to go with a wood frame, aluminum skins, and use all the other parts I had on hand for a re-build. I began gathering parts again. I attended another event with Dizzy in progress to show the kids that we actually make these little guys. This past summer we of the Central Texas Droids had a build day, and Dizzy's new body was started.




Today, I destroyed Dizzy v. 1.0 so that I could salvage parts. Yes, I felt like a Jawa! And yes, it was pretty sad...


Here we go again...


Destruction in progress.


GOODBYE OLD FRIEND!!  :'(






No comments:

Post a Comment