Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Few Little Droid Bits

After yesterday's marathon I only got a few things done today. Among them though was noting a couple of mistakes from the past few days: if you've studied the pics you'll have seen a piece of styrene I drilled out as additional support being test fit on the center ankle. On the BOTTOM.  Oooops! I did not need to re-drill holes in the frame base because the bolts that came installed on my center ankle are on the bottom! D'oh! I also bought the wrong M3 screws for attaching the motors to the motor mounts. Even though Teeces handily provided a chart of hardware needed for styrene droids, and even though I WROTE DOWN M3 12mm -- for some crazy reason I bought 30mm...and no way will those work! Ah well!!

Final mistake: I never ordered a beefy ankle set. Those used to be available from Keith, but he's not currently pouring resin parts. Bah! What to do? Well, I decided to yank off the ankles I'd attached (which I would have needed to bolt on anyway) and order Calvin and Brenda's nice new resin outer ankles that INCLUDE the beefy parts! I hate undoing work, but nobody else is providing the beefy ankles right now.



Ankles yanked, I put aside the legs to wait for my outer ankle order. I proceeded to doing some of the fine detail painting on the leg parts. Most of it I decided to do by hand:


I did mask off the cylinders though...


Aaaaand with that I have to take at least a week off to wait for parts and take care of real-life business. See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment