Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Painting Mop-Up Day

As I mentioned yesterday, I figured I'd hit the dome pieces with another coat or two of yellow (BTW I failed to mention that it's Dupli-Color School Bus Yellow), and as the weather was still pretty nice (except for the occasional pesky breeze) I went ahead with those plans. First, I sanded some of the embedded grit down. Then painted. I also tossed in the bit of styrene that has color on the body which I'd mistakenly painted white yesterday.



Everything went pretty well except for that dang piece of styrene. I held the spray on it too long, and the paint immediately started to crackle. Hubby likes it -- says it will look good once I weather, but I fear I'm taking this weathering thing too far if I'm using it to cover up all my mistakes! We shall see...



Next I removed the outer skins, and the masking on the inner skins.



Here I found mistake #2 of the day. See that "W"? I'd put those on any panels needing white paint. Silly me -- I'd masked over that one! So...I re-masked, and took it out to paint.





Next I hope to do some styrene reinforcing on the inner skins, then, attach the outer skins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment