Thursday, August 19, 2010

Post-CV Inspiration!

I had such a fantastic time at CV, mostly in the droid room -- 75 droids! Droid heaven!!

Renewed and inspired (and finally rested), I've started back on my build. Today, I prepared to construct the frame. I thought prep time would be around...oh, one or two hours, and then I'd be on to the actual building! Bwahahhaaahaha!

Preparation consisted of the following steps: score pattern marks into styrene, remove pattern, wipe adhesive off with faux turpentine, soak in sudsy water, scrub, rinse, air-dry, drill any needed holes, counter-sink as needed. Whew! Pics are below, and frame-building finally begins tomorrow! Really, I promise!





All ready for frame assembly tomorrow:

4 comments:

  1. How were you in there? I was in there for a while one of the days since I went in there looking for you... ended up talking a lot to the one guy from Brazil, but still found no you. Also, I may need to start down that road at some point now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Well, for a flat-pack astromech droid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you did get use out of that dish dryer thingy afterall.

    Seriously way to go Liz. I'm jealous and will need to start mine hopefully soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Lowbacca. Some of us are such chatter boxes. Myself included.

    OMG! Your so organized. Everything so neatly sorted out.

    ReplyDelete